Monday, August 11, 2008

Peang-ee & Aehobak Namool, Enoki mushiroom and Zucchini

I have an obsession; 'I gotta have it NOW' kind of thing; the thing that some girls can't resist; precious pretty vegetables!
I wonder who dare to say no to this lovely thing.

It is hard to avoid. Whenever I see new kind of vegetable or new form of known ones, I have to have it! This time it was baby zucchini. This precious little darlings are too good to miss.
But what can I do with it other than grilling to show-off its lovely shape and tenderness?


I wrapped around it with another my favorite, Peang-ee (AKA Enoki).
Baby zucchini has perfect width to wrap around delicate enoki mushroom.
Usual way I would cook Peang-ee and Aehobak Namool is slice zucchini in half moon shape and sautee it little bit with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil for about 5 min or so, add enoki, turn off the heat, put a rid on the pan and wait for another 5-6 min. But I decide to make it little bit more elaborate.

Slice zucchini as thin as possible with Vegetable peeler and wrap it around enoki mushroom which trimmed in same length. Arraigned it on the oven safe plate and baked it in the oven for 7 - 10 min (more traditional way would be steamed in steamer but I choose little short cut).

Some times, arranging food in a little bit different way can result in big delight.

3 Baby zucchini, one bundle of enoki mushroom
half clove of garlic, 1/2 t fresh ginger, 1 t of sesame oil, 1 T of soy sauce, 1 T of Water or rice wine (or just white wine)


1. Preheat oven 380F.
2. Trim Enoki into about 3 inch in length. (the rest of edible part you can use it in miso soup or omelet.)
3. Slice zucchini as thin as possible with Vegetable peeler and wrap it around enoki mushroom. Wrap it as tight as you can since enoki shurinks after cooking. Arraigned it on the oven safe plate.
4. Mix grated garlic, grated ginger, say sauce and water. Spoon the sauce over the arranged zucchini and mushroom.
5. Baked it in the oven for 7 - 10 min with rid on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum yum! Looks hearty, healthy and delicious. All two of them are my favorite veggies. This is for my dinner today since it looks easy enough for me. Thanks for sharing!

KJ said...

I hope your dinner turned out well. :)